• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Boot Repair-Possible or worth it?

Find someone to repair these, or just trash?

• Get repaired - keep as a spare

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • Not worth repair - trash

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • Not worth repair - keep as old worn spare

Votes: 7 24.1%

• Total voters
Looking for opinions on these boots, I apologize if I don't use the correct terminology, not a boot guy. :)

I've had these Red Wing brand boots for the last two years. They are work boots, and definitely seen their use, 4-5 days a week, 12-14 hours a day, dirt, mud, rain, etc... now they are pretty worn out. The sole worn down smooth, and starting to separate from the rest of the boot. One of the boot lace loop rivets are coming out of the leather. They are not longer waterproof. And the heel inside is worn bad, through the fabric, padding, and the plastic type material (to the point where it's stabbing my heel).

View attachment 2483823

View attachment 2483824

View attachment 2483825

View attachment 2483826

View attachment 2483827

Now, I work for a company who gives their employees free boot vouchers every two years, so this pair was free to me, and I have another free pair on the way already. So the old boots would either be a spare set, or trashed (which I feel bad about for $200 boots). It would be nice to have a spare pair of boots, in case the new ones get water logged or something.

My question for you, what is your opinion? Can these boots be repaired for a reasonable cost? Where around Barrow county would repair them? Or did I get my fair use out of them and I should not worry about repair? They are well past any warranty, so I'm sure Red Wing won't repair them.

Go see Scott at the shoe repair shop in Snellville just off 78 leaving Snellville headed to Loganville. He and his son run the shop. Great folks.

https://nushoe.com/

I did this one time. I will not do it again. My boots looked fantastic. The inner sole was imprinted with the pattern of my foot from the previous tread. After they put a new tread on, the inner sole protruded upward making for very uncomfortable feet. I was constantly buying shoe liners trying to make it work.

I have a haglund's deformity on each heel. Breaking in a pair of steel toe boots for work can be hell. I thought that getting them resoled would resolve this issue....NOT!

Back
Top Bottom