• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bore sight for tall scope mount?

alleycat

Wolf Icon Lifetime Supporter
Cosmoline Junkie
900   0
Reaction score
i'd like to get a non-laser bore sighter to set some scopes, but the scopes are mounted higher than normal (picture a Dragunov or AR carry handle scope mount).

Most of the bore sight kits i've found online are not tall enough to do this. I have seen some extensions for certain kits but i'm not sure they will work. Can anyone recommend a solution?

Thx,
AC

image.jpeg

I can't help with boresight kits so please disregard all that follows...

Went to Charlie Elliott yesterday to get the Swiss 1896/11 scope dialed in. Bad news, it was off, and I mean WAY off. Dang installer/kit!

Brought it home, made some adjustments and I hope to at least start on paper on Saturday at CMP. I know the irons are good so that's how I boresighted 'er. Put the gun on a rest, sighted through the 300 yard irons, and did the best I could with the scope to zero accordingly.

Best of luck with the ol' girl AC!

I can't help with boresight kits so please disregard all that follows...

Went to Charlie Elliott yesterday to get the Swiss 1896/11 scope dialed in. Bad news, it was off, and I mean WAY off. Dang installer/kit!

Brought it home, made some adjustments and I hope to at least start on paper on Saturday at CMP. I know the irons are good so that's how I boresighted 'er. Put the gun on a rest, sighted through the 300 yard irons, and did the best I could with the scope to zero accordingly.

Best of luck with the ol' girl AC!

Thanks man. You always sight in at 300 yds?

Nothing wrong with a laser if the arbor fits tight in the bore. I like to validate scope alignment at the same time. And i can do it in my living room

Gotcha. I bought one of these and it has been one of my best tools - sticks on the end of the barrel of any gun and has a green laser. Can't sight long distance in a small space but other than that, highly recommended.

Curious to see what other answers you get!

Gotcha. I bought one of these and it has been one of my best tools - sticks on the end of the barrel of any gun and has a green laser. Can't sight long distance in a small space but other than that, highly recommended.

Curious to see what other answers you get!

That's a nice tool, i've never tried the magnetic mounts before

Back
Top Bottom