• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bore Snake....

Barton72

Default rank <3500 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
11   0
Reaction score
Surely everyone has heard of them by now or owns some. I bought one to clean the 17 with a while back. Finally opened it up tonight. All I can say is DAMN! That thing did one heck of a good job. Forget the old solvent, patch and rod technique that takes forever. The Bore Snake does quick work. I recommend them to anyone who doesn't already have one.

hoppes_bore_snake_shop.jpg

The bore snake is THE way to clean a bore. I have one for using ammonia and water (for the corrosive ammo when I shoot it) and another for regular cleaning - both in .30caliber of course. Got one for the .22s and .223s as well.

I am going to take my first shot at a bore snake with my Remington 700P...in .308

Have one ordered for my .22's...anybody used these on pistols? I have seen great reviews for rifles

I have been using them for years. Heck my grandaddy use to clean guns with homemade ones when I was a kid.(man he shoulda patented that idea) It is OK but cant replace a good cleaning rod. A couple of years ago I was on an out of state hunting trip and wound up with a handloaded to touch the lands .30 caliber bullet stuck in my bore. I would have given anything for a cleaning rod instead of the boresnake I keep in my rifle case. I now keep a Tipton cleaning rod in my rifle case. I finished that hunt with my backup gun.(another good idea)

Don't get me wrong, I'm not gonna throw away my old Hoppe's rod kit I've had since I was a kid. Got so much crap in that box it barely closes. Bore Snake is definitely a great addition to your cleaning stuff though. Going back for the .30-30 size soon.

Check out the Otis cleaning system. It allows you to use your choice of brushes and the ability to use a clean patch each time. Risk $10.00 on the rifle kit. I think you'll be sold. Chuckdog

Back
Top Bottom