Bored, Plant a Garden

JSoko

Default rank <3000 posts
ODT Junkie!
35   0
Reaction score
we'll eat some Corn tonight
along with other goodies

the Corn aint that big, but it does'nt get full Sun, I ate half of that ear raw and it taste good

www.fordtruckclub.net_forum_photopost_files_1_5_veggies_009.jpg

Last edited:
Nice! Is that Silver Queen corn? We tried growing corn in a small garden last year and it didn't work out. We're swimming in tomatoes and peppers this year though :)

I know what you mean, we have cucumbers coming out our ears this year! We actually planted some pumpkins, I think too early as I'm about to start harvesting them. My garden is only 8'x20' the cooler weather and decent rain fall have really kicked it in high gear!

Nice! Is that Silver Queen corn? We tried growing corn in a small garden last year and it didn't work out. We're swimming in tomatoes and peppers this year though :)

Yes, I fight with it
not in full sun causes the stalks to stay thin and will bend over in a hard rain

and my neighbors are getting get tired of eating Okra I got about 180 plants

www.fordtruckclub.net_forum_photopost_files_1_5_001_255257.jpg

big mistake I made was not spacing the Zucchini Squash far enough each plant ends up about 5' around
but I found out regardless how big the zucchini is it is still very tender
here's a photo with a newspaper for size comparison

www.fordtruckclub.net_forum_photopost_files_1_5_022.jpg

Last edited:
I need to get started on a garden...I've been saying I want to plant one for 2 years now....every time I go to actually do it the planting season is over

Yes, I fight with it
not in full sun causes the stalks to stay thin and will bend over in a hard rain

and my neighbors are getting get tired of eating Okra I got about 180 plants

www.fordtruckclub.net_forum_photopost_files_1_5_001_255257.jpg

big mistake I made was not spacing the Zucchini Squash far enough each plant ends up about 5' around
but I found out regardless how big the zucchini is it is still very tender
here's a photo with a newspaper for size comparison

www.fordtruckclub.net_forum_photopost_files_1_5_022.jpg

Dang that's a big garden! We tried Zucchini 2 years ago and had success with little fuss. Darned good but we have limited space in our small garden and decided to replace them with Strawberries last year. We've been getting some decent yields in the Spring the last 2 years. Strangely I noticed some of our Strawberries are producing right now on a few plants. I thought they were only in the Spring.

Back
Top Bottom