• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bought My First Suppressor Today . . .

Redneck1919

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
46   0
Reaction score
Finally took the plunge. Went to Quiet Riot today and on the advice from Chris I bought a Rugged Oculus .22.
Surprised the procedure is much easier than it used to be. They handled everything. Now the agonizing wait begins.

Now I have to find a host or two. Don't currently have anything that is threaded.

http://www.quietriotfirearms.com/product_p/oculus.htm

Finally took the plunge. Went to Quiet Riot today and on the advice from Chris I bought a Rugged Oculus .22.
Surprised the procedure is much easier than it used to be. They handled everything. Now the agonizing wait begins.

Now I have to find a host or two. Don't currently have anything that is threaded.

http://www.quietriotfirearms.com/product_p/oculus.htm
The good (or bad) thing is you have plenty of time to find a host!

Congrats!

I like the M&P Compact .22 and any of the .22 1911 clones made by GSG. Uzi pistol is fun too because of the blasting capacity.

Always wear eye pro!

Savage FVSR is a very accurate bolt gun that won't break the bank if you're looking for a rifle. 10-22 works well too and is semi instead of bolt action.

Good luck. Did they say how long the wait would be?

Congrats!

I like the M&P Compact .22 and any of the .22 1911 clones made by GSG. Uzi pistol is fun too because of the blasting capacity.

Always wear eye pro!

Savage FVSR is a very accurate bolt gun that won't break the bank if you're looking for a rifle. 10-22 works well too and is semi instead of bolt action.

I saw this last night and forgot to post, but I agree with the above mentioned guns. The Savage FV-SR is a super quiet and very nice rifle, especially if you upgrade the stock.

I've heard the GSG 1911 is a quiet host as well as the PPK .22.

Did you file trust or individual? I'm about to pull the trigger on a AEM5 but not sure if I should go trust or individual now.

Congrats!

Always wear eye pro!

Chris said four to six months for individual and longer for trust. We will see. Hope he is right.

As far as a host goes, was thinking about the Ruger compact TB bolt action rifle and a MarkIV pistol.
A little leery of the Savage FVSR because of the supposed mag issues.
With the Ruger can use any 10 22 mag.

I saw this last night and forgot to post, but I agree with the above mentioned guns. The Savage FV-SR is a super quiet and very nice rifle, especially if you upgrade the stock.

Did you file trust or individual? I'm about to pull the trigger on a AEM5 but not sure if I should go trust or individual now.
Filed as individual. Maybe make a trust later.

Yes the PPK is quiet! Love mine

If I could find the PPK on sale I would buy it. My favorite host is a Beretta mod 70. Cool little James Bond gun.

854x480_172827.jpg

Not my pic.

Had to remove the fake suppressor and then thanks to @harrycalahan was able to get another adapter to fit the stock threads that were put on by "a drunk Italian with worn out tooling on a Friday before quitting time". It was @geezer 's idea for the change to the threads to a different size/pitch so a new adapter could be fit.

Those guys are both mechanical geniuses.

Unfortunately you can't use the stock sights but it's a great little point and shoot pistol. And it's Beretta quality.

Back
Top Bottom