• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bought My First Suppressor Today . . .

I am kind of surprised you can't buy a stamp before you buy the silencer. If I could, I would purchase a block of approvals, and once they came in, go shopping. At least then you wouldn't have to front the money for a suppressor or class III and then pay for the stamp only to see it in lockup, but maybe be able to visit on weekends. One of the biggest reasons I havent purchased one yet is I dont want to drop $600-$1000 to have the money locked away for an extended period. Conversely, if I could drop $600-$1000 to purchase 3 to 5 approvals for purchase I would gladly do it and wait out the 6 months knowing that when the time was up, I could shop for the latest and greatest toy/deal out there, and immediately come home with what I wanted to spend the funds on.

Got notice today that ATF cashed check. How long after that does it normally take to get stamp? My first.

You inspired me.... Drove down to see Chris at Quiet Riot this afternoon... Did all the paperwork and bought a Silencerco Spectre II

Looking forward to attached this onto my CZ455... Already got the threaded barrel....

I am kind of surprised you can't buy a stamp before you buy the silencer. If I could, I would purchase a block of approvals, and once they came in, go shopping. At least then you wouldn't have to front the money for a suppressor or class III and then pay for the stamp only to see it in lockup, but maybe be able to visit on weekends. One of the biggest reasons I havent purchased one yet is I dont want to drop $600-$1000 to have the money locked away for an extended period. Conversely, if I could drop $600-$1000 to purchase 3 to 5 approvals for purchase I would gladly do it and wait out the 6 months knowing that when the time was up, I could shop for the latest and greatest toy/deal out there, and immediately come home with what I wanted to spend the funds on.

See if your local class 3 dealer will do a can on layaway? I've done 3 suppressors on layaway with CG&P for that very reason. Sure I had to pay off the balance before the stamp got approved but it still gave me 90 days.

See if your local class 3 dealer will do a can on layaway? I've done 3 suppressors on layaway with CG&P for that very reason. Sure I had to pay off the balance before the stamp got approved but it still gave me 90 days.

What I did today was to drop $600 and do not expect to have anything in my hands for 6-8 months. But even with that, it was nice walking into Quiet Riot and have Chris handle everything in 15-20 minutes... Very fast and painless process.

Back
Top Bottom