• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bout Time NASA!!!!

I'm looking forward to this. With the CGI available now as opposed to the special effects 50 years ago, the footage should look realistic.

:behindsofa:
giphy.gif

In 4 years. I don't know about that, but we've been on the space station for almost a decade or more. I find it encouraging they've found water which will save tons of cargo space. But as since the beginning of space travel we still have that old foe! Gravity, humans need gravity or we cannot survive.

Serious question....why go to the moon?
To test the technology to sustain a long term mission. We need to develop new processes to find resources in a inhospitbale world where hydrogen and oxygen arent readily available. It is also easier to leave moon orbit than earth orbit, so it has been discussed as using the moon as a jumping off point for the longer range missions like mars because you would need less propellant. Either way, it is all about testing technology.

Fun fact, a moon habitat would be great for those with mobility issues, and if you had a big enough open space, you could wear a wingsuit and flap your arms like a bird to fly. Sign me up either way, and im going to finally get that full auto laser blaster ive had my eyes on...

Back
Top Bottom