• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bow targets

Which targets are best and why?

• Total voters

Default rank <400 posts
Survivalist
17   0
Reaction score
Looking to buy a new bow target. Any suggestions on brand, material, or shape? I had a small black hole but the center tore up in one season. (not trying to brag)

Still shooting a block as well after close to 10 years, just make sure to shoot it “sideways” where the layers are going up and down. I would like to start shooting a Glendale buck but that’s a lot of dough...

You didn't state your planned usage (field point/broadhead,stationary/mobile, etc). I can't remember where I saw it, but someone sells the "shell" of a bag target for real cheap. All you do is stuff old clothes, rags, towels, or blankets in it which is what is in a lot of bag targets. This would make a great stationary target, but a no go for broad heads.

I have 2 bag targets, an old one that stays out behind the house that weighs about 80 lbs due to soaking up rain. The other is a rinehardt that's not too heavy to move around or to take with me. I also have a broadhead specific target that rarely gets used other than confirm new broadheads hit the same as field points. A Glendale or similar would be nice to add.

The "shell" for a DIY target can be bought from Third Hand Archery. I've never used one but lot's of guys on archery talk say they work well.

Back
Top Bottom