• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bowl Game Officiating

You must have been standing at the fridge debating on grabbing the last PBR or opening that 30 pack of old Milwaukee when it happened.
Actually I was watching it on Youtube live before going to work. I like the snide insulting comment though. Maybe you should try again since no one else in our group saw it either.

Actually I was watching it on Youtube live before going to work. I like the snide insulting comment though. Maybe you should try again since no one else in our group saw it either.
Not insulting you at all. If you didn’t see that targeting then you weren’t watching. Even I blind man could see the defender lower his head and lead with the crown of his helmet. It doesn’t have to be helmet to helmet contact.

331GT, gotta disagree with you brother. I saw it when he hit him and wondered where the flag was. It was even more apparent on the replay. As the announcer explained, making forceable contact with the crown of the helmet constitutes targeting; it doesn't have to be helmet to helmet. See the definition in the link below.

https://www.secsports.com/article/27981840/what-targeting#:~:text=" 'Targeting' means that a,block or playing the ball."

I've gone back and looked at several angles from the youtube videos, and it could definitely be called targeting by just the definition alone. It doesn't help either argument though, that he's falling to his knees while at the same time dropping his head, and Fields' is also spinning/leaning into the helmet side of the tackle. I guess it could go either way since he didn't hit him helmet to helmet this time.

Back
Top Bottom