• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

bowling pin shoot

River Bend Gun Club has bowling pin plates on a couple of their handgun ranges. Those things are not easy to hit with a 45 at 25 yards.
My friend with through about 300 rounds of 45 and never knocked down a one. I ask him where are you aiming at. He said he was aiming at the very top. LOL Now, this was after his first handgun purchase and we both joined River Bend at the same time. I laughed until I cried. I told my bro you have to crawl before you walk. I told him it takes more that three range visits before you can walk on water.

I've always liked the ones that come late and check to see who's signed up to shoot. If they don't think they can win, won't compete!

Skeet shooting would drive you crazy then. If it's a little windy, or drizzly, or cold, skeet shooter won't shoot because it might mess up their average.

Skeet shooting would drive you crazy then. If it's a little windy, or drizzly, or cold, skeet shooter won't shoot because it might mess up their average.
Never had much use for the shotgunners (nor they me) at the old Riverbend on hwy 141 near Norcross. Used to shoot NRA hunter/pistol silhouette there in the 80's.

Never had much use for the shotgunners (nor they me) at the old Riverbend on hwy 141 near Norcross. Used to shoot NRA hunter/pistol silhouette there in the 80's.
I have noticed that. They walk around like an English snob turning their nose up at everybody that walks in. That's kept me from going.
Most of my hunting days where bird hunting. Pheasant, turkey, quail and dove. When I was around 12 I was taken to a Shotgun club and my father and the gentlemen that took us put a little wager on who would bust the most pigeons. I believe 22 is a set. I was given a very valuable under and over shotgun that felt light as a feather and was just beautiful. The member at the gun club commenced to gloat about how much trouble we were in. Get this the first time I had ever set foot on a trap range and busted 21 out 22 or one under the set max it was so long ago I can't remember. I could see the pride literally suck out of him so fast you could hear it. Anyway I did get a pocket full of cash and a lobster dinner. Never been back to one since.
The attitudes of some of these cigar chewing socialites is just to much to deal with.That and the fact I don't really have a shotgun that's really set up for that.

Interesting. Not a member of RBGC, but a buddy carries me as his guest every few months. Never have noticed an attitude, but then again, we're usually shooting Sporting Clays and aren't around many other shooters. Don't know how RBGC was in the old days...

Sent from my Droid Turbo using TapaTalk

Interesting. Not a member of RBGC, but a buddy carries me as his guest every few months. Never have noticed an attitude, but then again, we're usually shooting Sporting Clays and aren't around many other shooters. Don't know how RBGC was in the old days...

Are you doing the sporting clays using the stations out in the wooded area's.

Are you doing the sporting clays using the stations out in the wooded area's.
Yes. We also occasionally shoot skeet or 5-Stand on Shotgun Hill.

Although I enjoy informal competition among friends, I mostly shoot to keep in practice for hunting.

I shoot pins at GA firing line from time to time. They do it on monday nights and post the results to their website after a few days. Don't win anything but bragging rights but I just have fun hanging out, talking guns and shooting with people

Back
Top Bottom