• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Brake issues!

Id take them apart again.Did you clean all the residue off calipers ? Did you use any brake grease on your pins ? Are you sure pins are in correctly ? Hard to say without seeing or hearing,its probably a quick fix and working in the dark you may have missed a step.

Check the emergency brake cable, normally you would have to loose them up a little. Install brakes, have someone mash the pedal a few times, then install the wheel. Should be able to spin it with a little drag, not tight! Mash the pedal down again and check, if necessary loosen the brake cable up a bit and try again.

Id take them apart again.Did you clean all the residue off calipers ? Did you use any brake grease on your pins ? Are you sure pins are in correctly ? Hard to say without seeing or hearing,its probably a quick fix and working in the dark you may have missed a step.
I did not clean residue or use the brake lube. I didn't have any this time. I will get some a clean then and try again

Reactions: BNB
most rear disc caliper pistons should turn like a screw counter c.w. to set back flush to install new pads not really sure if this make vehicle's caliper is like that and you should always use brake grease on the part of pad that slides on the caliper/bracket

IMG_2525.JPG
IMG_2526.JPG

Back
Top Bottom