• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Brand Names

Or you could just make yourself a rule that when you see such assery, you simply click the back arrow and move on.

One time I got an LMT bolt off of one of the big name gun / parts selling sites. There were no markings on it. How would one ever know? All I really have is a receipt from a company with good ratings. Maybe we should start having documentation for AR rifles with a collection of receipts for the Magpul stock, Adventure Line mags, YHM rails, Troy sights, BCM charging handle, and Spartan flash suppressor.

Yep, and Matrix Arms makes the receivers for Ruger. Who knows where PSA gets their parts from...

Even considering all of the, very valid, arguments about this issue, I still think that a section just for "Factory Original (OEM) Firearms" would be helpful. That way, if I buy one, I know that I am the first person that gets to gank it up with mods. Or, just leave it the way that the manufacturer made it.

While I don't entirely disagree with you in theory, in practice it would be extremely difficult, if not impossible, to enforce. In your BCM example above for example, calling it a BCM AR would be technically correct, as the serialed receiver is the component that's legally the firearm. Taking it further and using your Daniel Defense example, if you took a factory DD rifle and swapped out say the rail system, would you not expect that to be advertised as a DD rifle?

We don't allow blatant misrepresentation of an item being sold, and if you see something where you think that's the case then by all means use the report function and we'll take a look.
I think your right on. It pays to axe questions.

Back
Top Bottom