• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Brand New to Fishing...

djocon93

Default rank <3000 posts Supporter
Builder of Guns, Rider of Bikes, Waster of Ammo
127   0
Reaction score
Hey Guys!

So I grew up hunting and shooting but was a little too ADD to enjoy fishing. I recently found an old rod and reel to use. So I purchased an ugly stick combo for my wife, who surprisingly decided she wanted to give fishing a shot. Now I am trying to decide where to go try them out, and as an avid ODT user on the firearm side of the site, where else would I turn? haha

Where do y'all like to fish? What do you find works well there, bait wise? Any general advise for beginners?

Finding a private farm pond is going to be your best bet for success. It's easy to get discouraged when you're not catching fish. A lot of the ponds in neighborhoods and on golf courses yield some pretty good catches, too. In the heat of the summer, I like to fish early or late. Late usually works best. Good luck!

Thanks for the advise! My parents live on a semi private watershed lake in N Forsyth, may try that, I live in Dahlonega right now, any suggestions in that area?

Thanks for the advise! My parents live on a semi private watershed lake in N Forsyth, may try that, I live in Dahlonega right now, any suggestions in that area?

There is a decent size lake just north of Dahlonega that I assume is public, always see people fishing there when I'm heading to the mountains. If you ride a few miles north of Dahlonega on 60, Dockery Lake is stocked with trout weekly. I pass it every time I go up to Rock Creek and always say I'm going to stop and fish there and still havent gotten around to it yet.

early and late the hot weather affects the fish also.Heck you in Cumming got 38,000 acres of Lake to fish in.

Back
Top Bottom