• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Brass Shining Made Easy!

I may look into this. I am currently using a media tumbler with pecan hulls. They don't shine anything like than and its dusty and messy
Add a little "Nu-Finish" car polish to your media. That actually knocks the dust down too as well as shining the brass. If you let them tumble overnight, they come looking great.

Rosewood

I use walnut shell pcs and buy them from pet smart in 5 LB. bags,for hamster & gerbil cages, large bags are 1/2 what media costs and its the same thing.

I use walnut shell pcs and buy them from pet smart in 5 LB. bags,for hamster & gerbil cages, large bags are 1/2 what media costs and its the same thing.
I have found the walnut dust a lot worse than corn cob media. Walnut is better for cleaning really dirt brass, corn cob media is better for light duty and polishing.

Rosewood

I use a commercial tumbler. I know for a fact it will hold over 30 pounds of brass at one time. It also holds about 10 gallons of media. And they come out looking beautiful!!!

I also use the Harbour Freight rock tumblier with the pins. It can only d9 small batches, but I'm not reloading 10000 rounds a week. I'm also using an old toaster oven to dry the shells, about 30 minutes at 215 degrees works for me.

Back
Top Bottom