• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Braves just announced....No more tomahawks

Where did the Braves name come from? Democrat political machine adopted the headdress and it's members were called Braves. A Democrat symbol undone by future liberal Democrats. Can't make that up!

The Braves, who played in Boston and Milwaukee before moving to Atlanta in 1966, trace their nickname to the symbol of a corrupt political machine. James Gaffney, who became president of Boston's National League franchise in 1911, was a member of Tammany Hall, the Democratic Party machine that controlled New York City politics throughout the 19th century. The Tammany name was derived from Tammamend, a Delaware Valley Indian chief. The society adopted an Indian headdress as its emblem and its members became known as Braves. Sportswriter Leonard Koppett described Gaffney's decision to rename his team, which had been known as the Doves, in a 1993 letter to the New York Times: "Wouldn't it be neat to call the team the ‘Braves,' waving this symbol of the Democrats under the aristocratic Bostonians

no conspiracy at all IMO . You know when the last time McCann, Freeman, and Swanson made errors in 1 inning? never . They need to run the score up past 20 to make it stick good. This is 1 time i don't mind them losing and I LoveMeSomeBraves (watch every game )

no conspiracy at all IMO . You know when the last time McCann, Freeman, and Swanson made errors in 1 inning? never . They need to run the score up past 20 to make it stick good. This is 1 time i don't mind them losing and I LoveMeSomeBraves (watch every game )
I don’t blame the players if they are throwing it. Why take it to the Series and make millions for a franchise after they just butt ****** you and the fans.

Back
Top Bottom