• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Braves just announced....No more tomahawks

85DD5B48-C384-49B4-B13F-409770BF941A.jpeg
1F2BAC41-CC98-48E8-BB01-A89A502F11AC.jpeg

Too me all of the pro sports teams are only it for the $$$$...nothing else matters to them.

At this point, just change the name to something along the lines of the "Cobb Gridlocks". Hopefully the fans will just stay home, since they won't be allowed to chant and cheer for the team. I haven't watched them in 15+ years either.

I will admit to being surprised that the Washington Redskins have not caved......yet.

When Ted Turner bought the Braves, he wanted to change the team name to the Eagles. So Atlanta teams would be Hawks, Falcons and Eagles....made a bit of sense. But Ted was persuaded to stick with the Braves name by MLB.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think the Cardinal pitcher who complained is full or half-blooded Cherokee from Oklahoma, so he is coming from family heritage, not some SJW PC crap. All the Native American appropriation IS offensive to some Native Americans.

That being said I spent several years in New Mexico, with all the Native American culture there and high percentage of population...the billboards along the highways still said INDIAN BINGO.

A huge mistake! The organization turned on itself and made our home atmosphere feel as if they were playing away.
And to think I was moments away from spending 455 bucks for 5 tickets to take my family to support this nonsense.

New team name options??? Big Stripers??? What a joke!!!

Back
Top Bottom