• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Braves Moving to Cobb at NW Corner of 75 and 285

mountainpass

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
15   0
Reaction score
I just saw that on channel 2 too - WOW. I am sure there are lots of real estate people going nuts right now trying to figure out how to make a buck off of this.

So the less than 20 yr old Turner Field is not a World Class Ball Park?.. Hmmm.
Sounds like there is more to this story as well.

Kasim Reed, the Mayor that lost the Braves!!!!!

Honestly this may be a venture to fish for money/tax cuts/sweetheart deals, they haven't even officially purchased the property yet.

Rep Brockway from op linkie said:
There was an article a few months ago about how the Braves were discontent, not so much with The Ted but with the City for failed promises. No redevelopment around the stadium, Fanplex etc&#8230;

I guess they watched Atlanta pull out all the stops to give the Falcons what they wanted, saw the negative public reaction and thought there would be no chance they could get a good deal.

Also could open up a push to pass pari mutual betting and put horse racing at the Ted location.

I dont know who came up with this idea or why? But it is NOT a good one and shouldnt even be up for debate. I work right next to where they are talking about putting it and this is gonna devistate an already bad traffic situation in this area. Lovely. Stay in Fulton!!!!! And for the guy who came up with this idea ........
Dunce hat -go sit in the corner dumbass.jpg

It's incredible what passes for an 'old stadium' in Atlanta. Check this out. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Major_League_Baseball_stadiums Click on the arrows in the 'opened' column.
I don't understand the finances of these moves (Falcons building a new $1.x billion dollar debacle before the last one is even paid for?) but obviously somebody is getting paid...

Back
Top Bottom