• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Braves Moving to Cobb at NW Corner of 75 and 285

Don't hold your breath. Its too early to tell whom is paying for the new stadium (besides the Braves of course)...

"Schiller said the Braves will be a “significant investor” in building the stadium but refused to disclose how much the team will spend. “At this point in time, we are working with Cobb County, and when those details of our exact arrangement become final, we will let you know,” Schiller said."
The article I saw said private funding, but you could be right. If any public or tax money goes for this Ill dump them too. Falcons can kiss my behind.

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited:
The article I saw said private funding, but you could be right. If any public or tax money goes for this Ill dump them too. Falcons can kiss my behind.

- - - Updated - - -

We can only hope that it will be paid by private funding. I sure hope the article you read turns out to be correct, rather than the one I read.

Can u blame 'em?

Downtown has just become a ****hole.

(Much, much worse than in 96, when that stadium opened.)

NOPE. Can't imagine why anyone would want to go into the city for ANYTHING! Atlanta is a cesspool. I really couldn't care less for the Braves, but good for them and their owners.

I think this is all a PR move by the Braves to get the improvements they want. I bet they end up back at the Ted.
Heck, hope so...at least it'll keep them and the crappy sidewalk crowd and traffic and all the other crap downtown where it belongs, in the cesspool.

I'm glad they are moving. I hate the drive to downtown. To those that say traffic will suck.....have you driven to a game, lately??? At least there's several different directions to get to the new property instead of just two, one of which nobody uses.

With the idea of it being a 365 day destination, I'm sure Cobb has promised to put other attractions around the new stadium. Don't forget the Ga Sports Hall of Fame in Macon closed last year and is looking for a new home. Maybe this is it! That's one thing the Braves organization dislikes about being in Atlanta, is that there's no other entertainment around the Ted.

The reason the Braves agreed to give the city 40% of the parking revinue was to develop the area around the stadium and they got nothing. The Braves philosophy is have a place where the fan can do other things besides see a ball game. Making a full day of fun out of the experience makes going to a game more enjoyable and people will be more likely to go more often. I heard the average fan attends 1.3 games per year. If you get that average up to, say, 3 or 4, the team makes more money and folks leave happy instead of dreading the drive out of there.

When you cut to the chase, it's all about the money and there's not a damned thing wrong with that, period.

Back
Top Bottom