• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Braves Thread

i would be shocked if the braves are over .500 this year. sad thing is, fredi will finally get the boot after being given nothing to work with.

he probably should have been fired a couple of seasons ago when he managed a half-way decent team into a very premature post-season exit. if they win over 80 this year with the team they currently have, it will be a monumental effort.
Prophetic...

Poor Braves, Fredi bites the dust and not a single comment? :confused:

Speaking of the Braves..... I keep hearing that there is a "plan" in place to restore the Braves to a championship contender. Well, so far the "plan" has been to trade away most of the decent players for prospects. Freddi was given a team, full of retreads, castoffs, high priced suspended players, players that were once pretty good but have just gotten old, and young players, that cannot hit for average, cannot hit home runs, has starting pitching that is average to poor, has middle relief pitching that is poor and closers that are just abysmal. While I understand why Freddi was let go, the record is the worst in baseball, I really don't know of any manager that could have produced many more wins given the team as it is right now. Freddi, it appears, was not in the "plan" to more to the new stadium as manager. While I am not a huge Freddi fan, I just don't see how anyone can blame this season on Freddi.
The new coach now is at .500, one win and one loss. I hope he enjoys being at .500, because I seriously doubt that he will ever be at .500 again this season.
Given the Braves current winning percentage, the Braves are on pace to lose close to 120 games this season. Wow! Who actually thought that was a good "plan"?

a team, full of retreads, castoffs, high priced suspended players, players that were once pretty good but have just gotten old, and young players, that cannot hit for average, cannot hit home runs, has starting pitching that is average to poor, has middle relief pitching that is poor and closers that are just abysmal.
All true but besides that they are a pretty solid team. ;)

Reactions: JWC
While I'm not a fan of the "plan" they supposedly have, they claim to have not really had anyone in the minors who would ever really make it in the majors and they claim they went from one of the 5 worst "farm systems" to one of the five best. They do have some young players with potential, but it seems to me that they brought some of them up to the majors a little too early. From the few games I've watched it looks like most of the team could use a refresher on the fundamentals of defense.

drewga11, yeah they have probably brought some of the young players up to soon. I hope they do not do the same thing with the young prospect Swanson. He is in AA Mississippi and needs to stay there. Why bring him up? He can't help the Braves enough to warrant bringing him up. All he could learn this year is how to lose. I find it funny that some call Gordon Beckham one of the "young players". He is 29 years old, and has had almost 3000 plate appearances. I don't consider him one of the "young playesr", just another journey man who is getting playing time on a horrible team.

Back
Top Bottom