• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

bread ties / twist wraps / twist ties / wire ties etc.

GodBlessTheUSA

Army Icon Lifetime Supporter
I brought down the Iron Curtain
154   0
Reaction score
I know someone posted not too long ago about the proper way to tighten a bread tie (righty-tighty).

Now can we start a march and protest over people NOT actually TIGHTENING the ties???

I mean, come on, twist the dang thing so that the bag is really secured and somewhat airtight!

Buying bread that goes stale in no time because the bakery dept was too dumb or lazy or both to actually tighten the tie wrap is so first world frustrating.

Can I get an "Amen"?

Can we get millions of women wearing bread bags on their heads to protest?

What you are calling "bread" is not real bread.

Real bread should be bought straight from the bakery and still warm from the oven. It should be somewhat stale in 24 hours, and the reason tor the phrase "day old bread".

That chemical laden spongie stuff that stays "fresh" for 10 days is NOT bread!

I always open a loaf, and take a bite out of the second slice down, to test the freshness. If not satisfied, I return the slice to its rightful place, reseal the bag, and go to the next loaf.

I find folding back the first slice, (crust), and pushing my middle finger as far as I can through the middle of the exposed slices, looking for consistent resistance, works quite well.

Real bread should be bought straight from the bakery and still warm from the oven. It should be somewhat stale in 24 hours, and the reason tor the phrase "day old bread".

Yeah, we actually make 90% of our own bread from hard red wheat, ground right before baking. Every now and then for work I get some "artisan" bread from a supermarket bakery. They can't seem to tie a tie wrap tight, even after the time when the condensation would be done. Why even put a tie wrap on the thing? Argh.....

As to sticking the bread loaf...as a child I was apparently the cake sticking bandit of the family. I don't remember, but apparently from a very young age until about 5 I would stick my finger into the "back" of any birthday cake to see what flavor the cake was. I must've been really good at it and was never caught. My mother used the process of elimination to determine it was me when we were all adults. And, yes, it WAS my finger....

DILLY ,DILLY. BRING BACK THE OLD GOOD STUFF,HOT WITH REAL BUTTER AND HOMEMADE JELLY

Back
Top Bottom