• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Breakfast

NOTHING LIKE GOOD COUNTRY CURED HAM AND BISQUITS. WE COOKED SOME LAST WEEK WITH GRITS EGGS AND REDEYE GRAVY ! WE USED TO RAISE OUR OWN HOGS, COWS AND CHICKENS. NEVER BOUGHT NO EGGS OR MEAT AT TOWN. AND THINKING BACK IT WAS SOME OF THE BEST TIMES OF MY LIFE! WE STILL MAKE OUR OWN SAUSAGE AT HOME, JUST HAVE TO BUY BOSTON BUTTS AT GROCERY STORE TO MAKE THEM OUT OF ! BEEN THINKING ABOUT GETTING COUPLE OF PIGS TO RAISE OUT FOR MEAT !

Yes Sir I always think of them a lot, maw maw always had some biscuits and meat on the stove Tim. Wish those days were still here. I always heard my Daddy talk about the good ole days but didn't really think I'd be talking and about them now. That was some work back then on all them hogs, a lot of times 2 in one day.

Yes sir! Agree with the good ol’ day's, with all the comforts we have today how did they make it? They worked hard for everything they had, especially the garden, i don't believe I've ever saw a garden that big! And they worked it every day.

Yes sir! Agree with the good ol’ day's, with all the comforts we have today how did they make it? They worked hard for everything they had, especially the garden, i don't believe I've ever saw a garden that big! And they worked it every day.

Yep and I can honestly say I never heard Maw Maw say a bad word about anyone. She never complained about anything. Sweet Maw Maw!!!!

Back
Top Bottom