• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Breaking Into Cars At Boat Ramps On Lake Lanier

This has always happened. Growing up in the 70's we had the van broken in to several times. We used to camp at what was called Chesnut Ridge. On the water spots were at a premium so we went up a day earlier and set up the family tent. We got there Friday afternoon and someone had stolen EVERYTHING.

Same problem everywhere. On Allatoona I would say the ramp on Little River is the worst place. I only use the ramps with a host living on the site, anymore. Stamp Creek is a good ramp. Everything is in full view of the host. Forget fishing nights, though. Gate closes at 10. Not wise to try a citizen`s arrest for a misdemeanor. The thief is going to run. Try to get the tag number, but don`t expect law enforcement to jump on it. However, law enforcement may put a "lookout" on the vehicle, and possibly make a stop, which may catch the culprit. Best thing is leave your truck unlocked with nothing in it of value.
Step 1: kick criminals ass
Step 2: leave

Problem solved :)

No need in drawing blood or busting up your knuckles :becky:. I just put a sign taped inside both door windows..........."Smile, your on a hidden Camera" with a smiley face underneath :). Never been broken into yet but over the years several parked close by have.

Back
Top Bottom