• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bridge Collapse in China! How many of US Bridges Are on the Same way?

That’s not a transformer.
Maybe these folks don't know what to call these things. It is evident that you know more.

What is it oh wonderful one?
It’s a container of some sort had the tarp covering the top. That small of a container would have never needed that many axles. Usually a very heavy/dense type of product, like nuclear material.
anyone do the math? AxlesX20,000

Looks like that set up would be for 400,000+ lbs
You may know about some trucking but not how much small transformers can weigh. I have seen one that I was behind coming out of Aubry Silvey in Bowdon Junction that was about that size and it had a HEAP of axles on the trailer. They had to take it to the RR tracks in Bremen just a few miles up the road where it sat on a siding with a SPECIAL RR car before they could get special equipment to push and pull it up on the special flat car. Then had welders out there for days welding it to the car.

Did you look at the links I posted above and see the pics of these things and see that they weigh anywhere from 110 tons to 410 tons and are relativly small packages for their WEIGHT.
That tonage is from 220 thousand for a real small one up to 480 thousand pounds.
Look at this link and go look in the chart inside. Or go back up and look at that pic and chart on post 26 and enlarge it. Look at the weights and length, width and height. You have no idea what you are talking about.

Here you go, I can't draw to good and not good at explaning things.
Here is a kinda small one on a rig like I saw from Bowdon Jct to Bremen.
It may have been to same company and truck/trailer.

Here is said to be 920 THOUSAND pounds
Count the axles, do the math.

You may know about some trucking but not how much small transformers can weigh. I have seen one that I was behind coming out of Aubry Silvey in Bowdon Junction that was about that size and it had a HEAP of axles on the trailer. They had to take it to the RR tracks in Bremen just a few miles up the road where it sat on a siding with a SPECIAL RR car before they could get special equipment to push and pull it up on the special flat car. Then had welders out there for days welding it to the car.

Did you look at the links I posted above and see the pics of these things and see that they weigh anywhere from 110 tons to 410 tons and are relativly small packages for their WEIGHT.
That tonage is from 220 thousand for a real small one up to 480 thousand pounds.
Look at this link and go look in the chart inside. Or go back up and look at that pic and chart on post 26 and enlarge it. Look at the weights and length, width and height. You have no idea what you are talking about.
As I write this from the sleeper of my truck I just have to chuckle about “you may know SOME trucking”
Since 1987 Trucking is what has kept my family fed. I’ve hauled most major types of trailer and I’m pretty sure every tractor type and manufacturer.
I rack up between 25-3500 miles every week and have seen just about every type of load possible, (hell I even pulled one that was placarded “experimental” still don’t even know what that was.)but I’m sure there will always be something new to see. Even when I was LE I’d take an occasional run to Louisiana or Brooklyn when I had a free three days off.

While I have pulled oversized loads off and on, two years ago I spent most of that year hauling Oversized concrete precasts all over Atlanta and the SE US.
Those huge overpass and parking garage loads were my staple then, I had a blanket permit to haul up to 14’ wide 100” trailer and 120,000lbs anywhere in the state of Georgia, anything more and I’d have to have to pull a more specific permit.
I’ve taken the beacons, banners, flags and all off this truck as I don’t need them now, and they just cause more drag and weight I don’t need, but I still have them at my shop at home. If my current gig runs out I’ll have to think about it again. But frankly it’s a hugely stressful job, that doesn’t pay that much more at the end of the week.
But with its capable of 595HP and 18500#ft of torque with almost 300” wheelbase, this truck will handle the job if needed.

I’ve seen the huge trailers hauling transformers, and I’ve seen containers just like this as well. Like I said this was some kind of open top container covered with tarping. If you notice not a single one of your examples showed a tarp of any sort. I’ve seen several loads resembling this that have been placarded as nuclear in the past and so that was my guess.
Do I know for sure what this was? No way, but it doesn’t look like a transformer based on its packaging to me. Could it be a transfomer? Who knows how China does things. All I can tell is it is upside down and covered. Mystery loads like that here in the US are often heavily guarded by police and DOD without any markings at all. Until more is released we could just guess it’s a big out house being moved as a return load after the initial load was delivered.

But then again you saw a load once…And I have no idea what I’m talking about.
image.jpg

Seems my math was right on…that’s 396,000lbs
yahoo news.
“Work was being carried out on the bridge when the accident occurred, although it is not clear how many workers were present at the time.

Preliminary investigations revealed that a truck weighing a total of 198 tons had broken into two pieces while falling off the structure. The newspaper Beijing News said the truck was four times over the allowable weight limit on the flyover, which was built 11 years ago”.

Whole bunch of reports initially, but nothing since. No mention of what the load was, just how heavy it was. Kinda hush hush govt sounding. I also noted what appeared to be foam in the pictures, but no sign of fire. This was confirmed in a video of the scene. They covered the load in foam, but not so much the tractor where any fuel would have been. Another reason I suspect it wasn’t a transformer, but something more dangerous.

Back
Top Bottom