BRINGING THE OLD BACK TO LIFE

greg vess

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Elite Idiot
120   1
Reaction score
20200324_191926.jpg
20200324_191255.jpg
Pick this up at an antique store about 4 months ago and the guy sold me two guns for 75 bucks. the one I was really interested in was the was the Marlin Model 60. This happens to be a Marlin model of 6087 commemorative model and it was rough to say the least but I thought I could bring it back to life.
The barrel was in pretty rough shape the wood wasn't bad but it needed some work. Sauce added to barrel down with three different grits of sandpaper until I got a real smooth real good Shane on the barrel. Then I believe that and it turned out decent. And then I just basically sanded it would work out with sandpaper add steel wool did you get the heavy oil spots out. Polish the wood just to bring it back to life a little bit and I think it turned out pretty good. As I feel wronged turned out to be a pretty good-looking gun considering the fact that it's 40 years old. that's where I bought the gun I didn't expect the working action and the and the grooves in the barrel and then actually looked very good. There were no heavy cracks or scratches or dings in the wood and the barrel just look like it had been just hadn't been taken care of on the outside for a while. You guys give it a look and see what you think

I still have my model 60. I don't have any idea how many bricks it has consumed. We sanded it and polyurethaned the stock and painted the barrel back in the 90's. I've redone the barrel a few times but it's still clicking along. I have not taken it out in a while.

Back
Top Bottom