• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Brit needs pulled pork!

I do a lot of crock pot cooking, I have never done pork, that I reserve for the smokers. Two keys to success is heat and time. With many of the beef roast I use a 1/3 full of beef broth and season only adding sweet onion slices. Cook on high for 90min, then low. How long depends on the size of the meat you are trying to cook..Some of mine are an all day affair. And baste every hour
Okay here you go this is for all the people who put too much emphasis on how you cook something get you a Boston butt just about the size that will fit in your crock pot take a decent sharp knife cut 3 slits in it about 4 inches long engine have 2 in deep in the top once you have it inside the Crock-Pot I usually do it so the bone is where I can get to it that will come in later taking slice onion put onion slices in the slits get a decent hickory smoked bottled BBQ sauce mix 50/50 with water pour over the top put the lid on I usually start mine on high to get the temperature up and cut it back to low it'll take a good six to eight hours I usually do mine while I'm at work you need some how to turn it over halfway through so that the top half soaks in the juice and doesn't dry out it's done when the bone will slide completely out transfer to a cutting board chopping pool to your heart's desire good on hamburger buns with pickles or coleslaw or just like it is out of a bowl

I sometimes use a crockpot for a boston butt.
Dry rub
Line the bottom of the pot w/red potatoes so that the butt will fit in and still close.
Fat side up NO WATER
6-8 hours on low
The water will actually dry the meat out. It disolves the fat before it has a chance to melt into the meat.
Then use the potatoes with some of the liquid for yummy mashed potatoes.

crock pot, onion halved, onion on bottom, post\k loin in, pour jar of fav BBQ sauce, mine is Bullseye. Cloe it, cook all day on low, open remove and pul the pork.(it'll fall apart

Crock pot -
Put your Pork Butt in your crock, cove it entirely with a bottle of Kraft Spicy Honey BBQ sauce, Pour in 3/4 of a can of DR. Pepper, Put about 3 oz. of Lea & Perrin Worchester sauce, cover the entire butt with Black Pepper, cook on high for 8 hrs. and reduce down to low for 2 hrs. Let me know what you think. Add you own BBQ sauce after you pull it or chop it. I make my own sauce for my BBQ Butt though.

Before you do, is your pit bigger than mine?

Well, as a matter of fact...
smoker.jpg
ribs.jpg
butts.jpg

Actually this one isn't mine, but is one that daddy built for a friend of his that competition/catering smokes.

Back
Top Bottom