• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Broke out the soldering iron on the P320 this afternoon!

P320-compact.jpg
to me it looks better !
There was just too much plain plastic on the p320 grip so I took matters in my own hands, what do you think?

i9.photobucket.com_albums_a59_DirtyCivic_Mobile_20Uploads_523Ca5ffb495151d8c4c5a2747fd907431b1.jpg
i9.photobucket.com_albums_a59_DirtyCivic_Mobile_20Uploads_523Ca5ffb495151d8c4c5a2747fd907431b1.jpg

The only way I could stipple my Sigs was to buy G10s

I've got love for G10 too...
i9.photobucket.com_albums_a59_DirtyCivic_Mobile_20Uploads_319D9351403e6f82ff7e74623b019a615726.jpg

What was the work time on this? That looks really nice. I love it when you see stippling at the top of the pistol and as it goes down you see the boredom set in...Lol.

I didn't time myself. A couple of hours. I have stippled several polymer guns in the past. I actually started around the sig logo, not the top.

Awhile back i picked up a Hi Point for a stipple project. it was my first try and i didnt want to screw up a Glock. The Hi Point turned out great. So good i wish i didnt sell it. I picked up another but was talked out of it before i could stipple it.
I have kept 2 Glocks and am reluctant to part with them even though I rarely shoot them. I will probably sell them if Sig will make a comparable replacement. I purposefully do not stipple them since I will probably let them go eventually. Ive considered grip tape but, I wouldnt have the heart to burn a Sig.

If the 320 s better than the PPQ I may need to shoot one.

Why not stipple a P320? Do y'all understand how the modular system of the P320 works?

The serialized part is the metal sub-frame. The polymer outer frame, which SIG calls a grip module or grip, is just a chunk of plastic......no serial number and not controlled in any way, shape or form. Anyone that can disassemble a handgun can remove the inner, serialized, metal sub-frame from the outer plastic grip and swap for a different one.

The modular grips sell for around $40. Stipple or mod it in fashion that floats yer boat. Don't like how it turned out? Wanna sell it in the original configuration? $40 will put it back into its original shape.

http://www.topgunsupply.com/gun-par...parts-by-category/p250-p320-grip-modules.html

Why not stipple a P320? Do y'all understand how the modular system of the P320 works?

The serialized part is the metal sub-frame. The polymer outer frame, which SIG calls a grip module or grip, is just a chunk of plastic......no serial number and not controlled in any way, shape or form. Anyone that can disassemble a handgun can remove the inner, serialized, metal sub-frame from the outer plastic grip and swap for a different one.

The modular grips sell for around $40. Stipple or mod it in fashion that floats yer boat. Don't like how it turned out? Wanna sell it in the original configuration? $40 will put it back into its original shape.

http://www.topgunsupply.com/gun-par...parts-by-category/p250-p320-grip-modules.html

Makes sense. Wasn't considering its modularity.

Back
Top Bottom