• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Broken extractor help

Allsmiles

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
165   0
Reaction score
upload_2018-4-13_16-22-58-png.1587088

This is a broken external extractor on a 1911. Hook is sheared off and would be on the right side of the picture. Anyone recognize this from another gun? I can get another picture if anyone needs it, however, this is what should be most recognizable profile. Slide was made by Storm Lake Machine (now Storm Lake) back in the mid 90's. They built a conversion called a 1911-C1 that used 40 and 10mm linkless barrels without a barrel bushing. Needless to say it is a single short right now. Looking for any help in finding a replacement.

BTW, greg vess greg vess has never seen this before as we have been talking.

Wrong shape as this is driven by a plunger and not a spring under the tail. Looks like it will have to go to a smith and see what they can do. Every picture I have looked at doesn't match. I'm thinking this might have beed a repurposed extractor from a different model made to work on a 1911 slide.

I don't recognize it, but numrich gun parts has schematics of the older 1911's even though it's a "one off" gun, chances are quite good that it used an off the shelf extractor. We just need to search all known external extractor 1911's old and new...Push come to shove, I could probably fabricate a complete new one or weld and shape a new hook on that one....It would be nice to know how hard to heat treat it to...

Gun isn't a one off as they printed a brochure listing info on it. I just have never seen one like it. Any idea of what a smith would charge to repair or make a new part? I've also got a 40SW set up for the gun also.

Back
Top Bottom