• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Brother

Bellman2

Default rank <3500 posts
ODT Junkie!
40   0
Reaction score
With more regrets and sadness than I ever experienced, I had to say goodbye and bury my oldest brother today. He was 84, had been an excellent guitarist, substitute teacher, tail Gunner during Korea, retired as postal manager after 30 years, and the best brother and personal hero a little brother could ask for. They requested that I sing at his funeral, but I could no, my voice could not hold the notes, kept breaking. So I said my goodbyes and God speed to brother. He was blind. Loved to read when younger, very good guitarist, arthritis got his hand, dementia set in. He was ready to go, but I was and am not ready to let him go. Not my choice to make. His name is Norman Earl Alexander, was 1ST class Naval Ordinance Man, during Korea flew as a tail Gunner. Good bye Norman, I love you..

With more regrets and sadness than I ever experienced, I had to say goodbye and bury my oldest brother today. He was 84, had been an excellent guitarist, substitute teacher, tail Gunner during Korea, retired as postal manager after 30 years, and the best brother and personal hero a little brother could ask for. They requested that I sing at his funeral, but I could no, my voice could not hold the notes, kept breaking. So I said my goodbyes and God speed to brother. He was blind. Loved to read when younger, very good guitarist, arthritis got his hand, dementia set in. He was ready to go, but I was and am not ready to let him go. Not my choice to make. His name is Norman Earl Alexander, was 1ST class Naval Ordinance Man, during Korea flew as a tail Gunner. Good bye Norman, I love you..
Truly a sad day.. I pray he is in heaven right now seeing with crystal clear vision. That he is holding a guitar, and his fingers are young and nimble.. Playing for his friends and family that have been waiting to rejoice with him.

Condolences.

Sorry for your Loss.

Back
Top Bottom