• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Browning BAR

cooley2189

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
61   0
Reaction score
i have a Browning BAR Shorttrac in 270wsm. The other day I was riding on my Polaris and had the rifle in the gun mount on my front racks. I hit a bump and the rack broke, throwing the gun off onto the ground. I went to shoot it to check and see if the scope was still on. I loaded the first bullet fine and it just clicked. It wouldnt shoot. I reloaded another round into the chamber and tried to fire it again and it clicked, not shooting. Now the bolt is stuck and I can not get the live round out. Any recommendations on gunsmiths on the east side of Atlanta who can find out whats wrong and fixit???? I am located in Social Circle, I am willing to drive within an hour.

Have you smacked the cocking lever with a rubber mallet?

It sounds like dirt is lodged in the action or the chamber, spray it down with lube, and pour some lube down the barrel, and try to get it open.

Have you smacked the cocking lever with a rubber mallet?

It sounds like dirt is lodged in the action or the chamber, spray it down with lube, and pour some lube down the barrel, and try to get it open.

I’ll try that to free the bolt. Surely that wouldn’t be why it won’t fire though?? I wouldn’t think?

This is my gunsmith. Don’t know where’d social circle is but Bill is in Sandy springs. He can fix anything.

A35A317B-48F0-4CEB-B5AA-DCEA2952FD64.png

When it fell, the bolt may have been knocked slightly rearward, and then dirt lodged in to the bolt area. Did you run over it?

couple of things to check, verify no mud is stuck in the barrel—-point it at a mirror to check for mud if it is loaded.

And, cycle the safety with the gun pointed in a safe direction.

When it fell, the bolt may have been knocked slightly rearward, and then dirt lodged in to the bolt area. Did you run over it?

couple of things to check, verify no mud is stuck in the barrel—-point it at a mirror to check for mud if it is loaded.

And, cycle the safety with the gun pointed in a safe direction.
I didn’t run over it. It cycled 1 bullet fine and now it’s stuck. There is no dirt in the barrel, it landed on the side when it fell.

Back
Top Bottom