• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Browning BDA 380 information needed

Horace

Default rank <2500 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
160   0
Reaction score
I have a BDA 380 different than those I’ve seen including photos. Serial number 425PY. Left side of slide FABRIQUE NATIONALE. Nothing else. Right side of slide PB in an oval. Nothing else. No Browning marks and no Italy except magazine. Who made this and where. All information appreciated. Thanks Horace

Horace,
The PB is for Pietro Beretta. The Beretta 84 and the Browning BDA380 are basically the same pistol with a few differences. The Beretta 84 has an open slide and a safety. The Browning BDA380 has a closed slide and a de-cocker. Both pistols were made by Beretta. The BDA380 was contracted by Browning FN with Beretta.
Call Browning with your serial number and see if they can pinpoint a model and a manufacturing date.
Without pictures, that's all the help I can be right now. The markings and lack thereof don't sound familiar. There is always the possibility that it is a copy.

I'm new and just started looking at the forum. I think Horace's post and my reply may be in the wrong area of the forum. If so, please accept my apology and maybe admin can relocate.
Thanks.
Thank You. You got us in the correct forum and your info was appreciated. Pistol is too well made to be copy. Thanks again Horace

These were manufactured in 32 acp and 380.
FN manufactured the 32 ACP variant for the European market.
Beretta manufactured the 380 variant for FN which were sold in North America as the Browning BDA 380.

In 1977, Browning changes ownership and becomes part of what eventually will become the FN Herstal Group.

To all I express my appreciation. I’m not a pistol guy so when the roll marks and import (?) stamps didn’t match others of the same model I became curious. It’s a beautiful gun and accurate. Thanks again Horace

Back
Top Bottom