• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Browning buckmark camper urx

I have the "standard" Buck Mark URX, and it's about 10 years old.
http://www.browning.com/products/fi...urrent-production/buck-mark-standard-urx.html
Is this close to what your model is?

I don't see a "Camper URX" listed on the Browning web page. I see a Camper UFX.

Is this yours? http://www.browning.com/products/fi.../current-production/buck-mark-camper-ufx.html

Except for the square or "slab sided" barrel vs. the round barrel, I think they're basically the same gun on the same action with the same trigger system. Any differences are just cosmetic.

I like mine. It's the best factory-standard (not modified, not gunsmith-tuned) .22 casual target pistol I've ever owned. The trigger pull, out of the box, is considerably better than anything else on the market for around $300.

It's accurate. More accurate than I can hold it. From a bench rest, I can get groups almost as good as my factory Ruger 10/22 with its open sights, at 25 yards. It is way more accurate in my hands than a factory standard Ruger MKIII, a Beretta Neos, or a S&W model 34 revolver (4" bbl, adjustable sights).

The only thing I don't like about it is that it's not set up for easy scope mounting.

That isn't a big negative for me, because I have a High Standard pistol that wears an optic, so the Browning is my dedicated iron-sight .22 semi auto pistol.

If you think you may want to put optics on it one day to hunt small game or enter shooting matches, consider getting one of the other BucK Mark models that have a Weaver base along the top, in addition to iron sights.
Like this one. With a 7.5" barrel, it looks like a real tack-driver, and it is still a reasonable size and weight-- the same weight as an empty Government model 1911.

http://www.browning.com/products/fi...uction/buck-mark-contour-stainless-urx-7.html

Thanks for the replies, I haven't got this one yet, just looking, I've owned ruger mkii and liked it but it could be fussy about ammo, I want the buckmark to replace the ruger mostly for plinking, I have never tried the buckmark and found one for sale, I think it is an older model, he said it was a camper urx, I couldn't find much about it.
The browning website shows current production, that's why I was looking for someone that may have that model, he said it was blued but I was wondering if it might be parkerized, thanks

Thanks for the replies, I haven't got this one yet, just looking, I've owned ruger mkii and liked it but it could be fussy about ammo, I want the buckmark to replace the ruger mostly for plinking, I have never tried the buckmark and found one for sale, I think it is an older model, he said it was a camper urx, I couldn't find much about it.
The browning website shows current production, that's why I was looking for someone that may have that model, he said it was blued but I was wondering if it might be parkerized, thanks

There's a URX and a UFX. I've owned the BB Practical URX for almost 10 years. I replaced the barrel with a TacSol, and I mainly shoot it suppressed. It's been as a solid as they come.

1484962084531-1938562909.jpg I have this slabs side forever it seems..my all time favorite most accurate handgun I own.

Mine stayed bone stock for 16 yrs. I recently replaced my trigger, spring flip, and now the barrel. It's brought a lot of new life to this girl. I'm debating on grips next, then rail and small MOS style red dot.

IMG_0046.JPG

IMG_0158.JPG
Found a buckmark, I appreciate all the input
It shoots great, put a truglo red dot so I can see to shoot it, LOL, my eyes aren't what they used to be
It is fun and the trigger is awesome out of the box, thanks ya'll

Back
Top Bottom