• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

browning buckmark- shoots great, breaks down like crap and made out of plastic

chucklenut

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
362   0
Reaction score
so have a buckmark, shoots great. i took it apart once before and cleaned it. i forgot how much of a pain in the ass it is to break down and clean

first, two seperate size hex tools that arent included with the gun. thats gay, needing a takedown tool on firearms is for losers

next, the spring guide assembly......what in the **** is going on here?? i took mine apart but evidently he spring left the entire assembly with much haste.....uhhhhhhh i didnt think that was supposed to happen per the break down videos. supposed to look like this

https://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgwi/prod/B5150065

hmmmm, ohhh i figured out why my spring guide assebly is not working right...ITS MADE OF ****ING PLASTIC AND APPEARS TO HAVE WARPED or some plastic ****

either way, ****. i have two options (well 3)
1) continue to attempt to put it backtogether like i did the first time and never take it apart again
2) put it all in a bag and sell it on here
3) purchase new guide spring assembly.....perferably one that is made out of ********ed metal as it should be

anyone got any thing to add to this?

The spring guide is the worst ... but they sure do shoot well!
I don't mind a finicky plinker but definitely wouldn't stand for that in a protection gun

You got tree and a half of em? Lol. I prefer the Ruger breakdown, even pre-Mark IV, but the Buckmark trigger out of the box beats the Ruger by a mile. Pick your poison I suppose.
ya, if it didnt shoot so damn good i would have not ****ed with it at all as soon as i heard you need a take down tool

Back
Top Bottom