• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Browning O/U vs Beretta O/U aka Over Under Chat

10thmountain

Default rank 5000+ posts
American Warhorse.
121   0
Reaction score
Some questions!!

What made you decide to get one over the other ? Beretta over under vs Browning over under ? Price? Comb height? Pointablity? Availability? Reliability? Warranty?

(I have stepped into the world of sporting clays and trap and skeet and am enjoying it . I bought my son a Mossberg silver reserve 2 20 gauge and it’s a neat little gun for a 12 year old boy . He loves it. However Dad is noticing the silver pigeons and other beautiful over unders being shot and is liking what he sees)

Let me know how you started your journey and how you ended up.

Thanks ODT!

Some questions!!

What made you decide to get one over the other ? Beretta over under vs Browning over under ? Price? Comb height? Pointablity? Availability? Reliability? Warranty?

(I have stepped into the world of sporting clays and trap and skeet and am enjoying it . I bought my son a Mossberg silver reserve 2 20 gauge and it’s a neat little gun for a 12 year old boy . He loves it. However Dad is noticing the silver pigeons and other beautiful over unders being shot and is liking what he sees)

Let me know how you started your journey and how you ended up.

Thanks ODT!
In for the info. I too have gotten hooked on clays.
There are ALOT of new gun brands that are much cheaper and probably almost as good
Like most things, it’s whichever gun you shoot best. I shot the silver pigeon very well and liked it but I think it was just a matter of it fitting me best.
I think any shotgun that fits you will shoot well. Finding someone who can fit a gun to me is my issue.

See if you can find a range that has both for rent and try them both out. They are both great values and are very reliable shotguns. It is usually a matter of which one a person gets along with better as they are built differently. Brownings have much taller receivers and tend to be heavier. Beretta are usually slimmer and lighter. I prefer Berettas. A good shooter will adapt and shoot both well, a bad shooter can miss with both. Many find they have a preference within these two brands at least though.

P.S.- It is not that you will not miss, it is just that your misses look so much better with a nice O/U! Ha!

The newer model Browning 725 sporting have a lower profile and a slimmer fit than the original Citori so many youth team members shoot the Beretta and Browning equally as well. For most, it is a matter of personal preference.

Prices are comparable, fit is adjustable, "pointability" is subjective, both are readily available and will in general last generations with proper care.
The Browning 725 seems to fit me better, but I shoot with folks who prefer a Beretta.

Rental models at Tom Lowe are mostly Beretta.

1658750147136.png

The Silver Pigeon!

Back
Top Bottom