• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Browning O/U vs Beretta O/U aka Over Under Chat

I handled a SP1 , citoris, at cabelas 2 weeks ago both very nice . The Steven’s was a club. CZ in 12 were nice. The folks at Tristar copied the weight of the SP1 . Felt similar . Interesting how they all feel different.

There are several "new" OU shotguns that have become known in the US last few years to compete with Browning and Beretta - most from Italy. Barrows great suggestion - I think he has lots of Brownings. I would look at Old Hudson Plantation also - they are Beretta dealers plus Cesar Guireeni (Spelling!).

I compete with a very well used Browning 325 that I bought used decades ago. A quality OU will last essentially forever with some maintenance now and then (mostly springs). I am a big fan of used shotguns.

Sporting Clays OU tend to have longer barrels 30 to 32 inch

I looked at several beretta o/u today. The new SP1’s are super nice, with 30” barrels. The dt-11 on consignment was flat out awesome . Only 4k, the pedersoli 20ga was really nifty. Very light. The A400 fit my son nicely. His fav was the. DT. Lol.

Spoke with one of the youth shotgun team coaches with one of the larger programs and he indicated 3 of the 5 Beretta A300 Ultima 12 GA purchased last season have needed the trigger group to be replaced. One was sent back to Beretta and in the other two instances, Beretta sent a replacement trigger group. One of the dads showed us the defective group and the hammer appears to be out of spec allowing the strut on one side to slip out of place and to bind the trigger. He said he called Beretta support and had a replacement trigger group in two days.
Someone on another forum indicated the issue with the trigger group was caused by a design change to the shell lifter and a different style safety.

The coach showed us one of the earlier version A300 with thousands of rounds without an issue.
One of the team members has one of the new A300 Ultima in 20 ga and has no issues with it so far.
There are two A400s that have no issues. One is an A400 xcell and one is an A400 Parallel target (ODT purchase)

Back
Top Bottom