• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Browning O/U vs Beretta O/U aka Over Under Chat

I used to buy in bulk from always in season ammo. Then he bought the meadows down in Forsyth. He started only selling to the customers there. Which I understand, but it still sucks for me.

Where are you guys ordering or buying your ammo? Cabelas works for me. $9.99 for a box of shells . 12ga or 20ga?
Believe it or not, you can often buy shells at the big box stores this time of year for less than a group buy through a distributor.

Have been part of group buys in the past, but there is always at least one or two who decide they don't want or don't have the funds for what they said they wanted or they find a few flats at the big box stores cheaper. :rant:

Those same folks who did not take the shells they committed to are asking about shells in a couple of months when the supply at the big box stores is gone. My response was short and simple, "Sorry, I already found a good home for them with some nice folks on ODT" :p

Question. Say you were a new clay target coach and you wanted a decent shotgun to use for demonstrating proper mounting / lead/ etc . What would you lean towards? Also it would need to double as a back up gun in case of a malfunction with another shooters gun. ??? Over under or semi? What brand? Gauge?

You are going to be a great coach... just overthinking it at this point. :cool:
In all of the youth clay target leagues the limiting factor has never been the number of youth who want to participate, but the availability of coaches and volunteers to run the programs. :)

Tell the wife all coaches need a DT-11, Perazzi, Kolar, or Krieghoff of at least $10K :boink:

Seriously... the recommendation is the same for coaches as youth athletes.
You can always ask parents to bring a spare if they have one at home.

Back
Top Bottom