• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Brunswick Stew

I'm going to give this a try (minus peas, corn and limas) Potatoes are the key to making Brunswick STEW and not the Brunswick soup that so many places serve now.

I like to use Johnny Harris BBQ sauce and Frank's hot sauce in mine. Usually get a smoked butt already done and a rotisserie chicken from Kroger. No peas for me. I like to use some white kernel corn and some white cream corn...helps with the consistency. It's never the same twice and that's the way I like it!

I'm going to give this a try (minus peas, corn and limas) Potatoes are the key to making Brunswick STEW and not the Brunswick soup that so many places serve now.

People usually roll their eyes but before I order Brunswick Stew in a restaurant I always ask if it's really just vegetable soup with some pork thrown in or is more like a hash (SC) or blended stew. If it's soup and they don't tell me, I send it back.

People usually roll their eyes but before I order Brunswick Stew in a restaurant I always ask if it's really just vegetable soup with some pork thrown in or is more like a hash (SC) or blended stew. If it's soup and they don't tell me, I send it back.

That watery chum most places call stew should be outlawed.

20160923_131613.jpg

Back
Top Bottom