• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Buck 119 question

Blyco

Default rank <1000 posts Supporter
Thugnificent
51   0
Reaction score
I've been looking to add a classic Buck 119 for actual use, and I have run into a question about quality. I noticed that the price is about $70+ just about everywhere (Academy, ebay, Amazon and most others). However, there are a couple that are a good bit less, like Walmart and and a few random internet sellers ($48.60 at Walmart). What I found, though, is that they all seem to have different stock numbers. All 119s have start with 119BKS, but then are different. The Walmart that is $48.50 is 119BKSWM1, which I assume is "Walmart 1." Others end in -B, -C, 2023, WC and on and on. These are manufacture tags, not store tags. Even Walmart sells a $69,99 version, the 119BKSB. The packaging is the same. All have the same verbiage on the front and back, same steel and claim to be made in the US. I can't seem to find anywhere whether there is a quality difference in any of these. Anyone know?

1669782123962.png

Its a Buck 119, hold it in your hand and I don't think you would be able to tell a difference in the model #'s.

I have found there to be no difference. I have three places in my city that have a good selection of Buck knives. Prices may vary +/- $ 15 dollars depending on what is in stock. The 119 is a good hog skinning knife.

Many times the price difference comes from the type of sheath that comes with the knife (Leather vs nylon). Also, large retailers like Wal Mart can charge less because of the volume that they sell. The only model that is significantly different (and more expensive) is the Buck 119 Pro which has a green micarta handle and the blade steel is upgraded to S35vn.

Many times the price difference comes from the type of sheath that comes with the knife (Leather vs nylon). Also, large retailers like Wal Mart can charge less because of the volume that they sell. The only model that is significantly different (and more expensive) is the Buck 119 Pro which has a green micarta handle and the blade steel is upgraded to S35vn.
Holy price jump batman!

Back
Top Bottom