• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Buck tagged out 10 point down

Great hunt story that you will always remember. Congrats. Are you Jr’s twin brother?????? Lol 😂
I have a good friend who's brother has downs syndrome. A few years back when I first met him my was at his birthday party. He told his brother that Dale Jr was coming to his birthday party, he's a huge NASCAR fan. I played along for almost an hour and he kept following me around wanting me to sign stuff for him! :pound:

Dayam dawg!!!!!

Very cool hunt for sure.
You were due for a great hunt.

I remember a few years back you tagged out on a couple big monsters right away.

I’m still trying to get my first one and was thinking the same as you….meat in the freezer regardless.
I usually have about four in the freezer by now…lol.
My problem this season is finding time to hunt.

At first light Saturday after taking the whole week off without shooting anything I decided to shoot the first doe or good buck I saw. In Elbert county it was foggy and warm. As I get to my stand a deer blows and bolt’s. I get situated and I catch movement. I have one opening and I didn’t see antlers so I shot. The parallax was off on my scope and it looked blurry. I watched the deer hit the ground. I figured my hunt was done. I looked down the hill and adjusted my parallax to make the crosshairs clear again. I set the rifle down. Adrenaline still surging I looked to my right and then back down the hill.

As I looked back in front of me I see a buck. I put it right behind the shoulder and squeezed and watched it mule kick. I knew it was a good hit. At this point I’m shaking like a leaf in a hurricane. I sat there for about 10 minutes composing my self before climbing down. I started tracking and got about 30 yards to find out I had hit a 10 point. It was down! When we came back to drag them out I found out my doe was really a spike. Oh well. This being the first year of not running any trail cams I had no clue what was out there. It was a blessing. Another guy who’s neighbors to the land owner was hunting and ended up with a nice doe. Great weekend!View attachment 4930745View attachment 4930747View attachment 4930746View attachment 4930748
Nice

Back
Top Bottom