• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Buckarama Canceled? Why?

Lack of participation by hunters,I suppose. As for me,I boycotted it every year since WRD forbid GON to have a site there. This happened because because GON magazine exposed some wrong-doing with our money. GON was our watchdog. WRD didn`t like that. I finally boycotted something that shut down. Maybe TARGET is next.
wrong

GWF and GON got into a pissing contest,WRD was not a part of it.Anyway GON took their ball and left.No big deal.and this site was born when GON pulled another bonehead maneuver.Thanks GON

I can't find an article where they exposed anything. I need to know.
there are 2 stories GON's and GWF's but like I said that was a long time ago.I think the problem Buckarama had was selling out the building.Not enough vendors.On line shopping has killed the deer shows.

It's really a shame that GON and the GWF parted ways. It was a way for us to "kick off" the hunting season. I really enjoyed going down there and putting my hands on all of the latest and greatest gear. Even looking at the same old crap that most folks brought every year was ok. We often found some good deals on guns or stands. Some years we even went back to the one in Perry.
The falling out with GON really ruined things. I went to the Buckarama and the Blast both one time after the split. That was the last time for me.

When I lived in south GA we always came to the Atlanta Buckarama at the expo center bc there was a lot more guided hunt, wine, potato peeler salesmen in perry (which was less than an hour from home at the time).

Back
Top Bottom