• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Budget Friendly Must Haves?

need a revolver without the S&W price tag on a Taurus

You should check out the RIA snub revolvers. Very decent looking guns for the price. (I think around $250 retail) Reminds me of the Colt detective in size and shape. I have no experience with them, but would like to try one out.

I paid $180 for a NEF pardner pump 20 gauge and I love that thing. It's a great shotgun for the money.
I got a 12 gauge Pardner Pump with 28" vent rib barrel at Walmart a few years ago for $197 out the door.

I love it. It's on the heavy side, but that's because it's built like a damn tank. It's a Remington 870 clone, but all the parts that are aluminum on the 870 are made of steel on the Pardner Pump.

Reactions: MRH
I got a 12 gauge Pardner Pump with 28" vent rib barrel at Walmart a few years ago for $197 out the door.

I love it. It's on the heavy side, but that's because it's built like a damn tank. It's a Remington 870 clone, but all the parts that are aluminum on the 870 are made of steel on the Pardner Pump.

And don't forget that metal trigger group! Not plastic like every other modern shotgun. It was the deciding factor when I bought mine. I was probably going to buy it anyway, but when I saw the trigger group is all metal I made up my mind right then.

Man you ain't kidding the NEF pardner is a tank! Mine is a 21" barrel so its good size for HD or hunting, but it is heavy. I don't mind in the least. Shooting 20 gauge buckshot has minimum recoil, and rapid follow ups makes it a deadly beast fo sho. It's my primary HD weapon.

One more for the list is the NAA mini revolvers. They may not be practical for primary carry, but they are a great last ditch effort option and the sheer quality of them make them definite must haves. With two cylinders (.22 lr and.22 mag) what's not to like?

These are fine pistols!!!!!

I just bought a newer FEG P9R (which is an updated model that's kinda half a Hi-Power clone and mostly a S&W 59 clone) for $275 OTD. I like it for what it is.

If you're wanting an all-steel handgun, $200 can still net you a nice Spanish Ruby type pistol in .32 acp. I really like those. Just about the most inexpensive 'milsurp' pistols you can get nowadays.

The Heritage revolvers, particularly the once that come with one .22LR cylinder and one .22WMR (.22 magnum) cylinder for about $150 are a great deal, but... but... only if you have some practical use for a single-action revolver with fixed sights, and really tiny sights prone to horrible glare in the sunlight.

If somebody would make an affordable double-action .22 revolver that comes with two cylinders, that would be wonderful. I used to have a H&R model 922 that had a cylinder that had to be removed from the gun by pulling the pin (it was not on a swinging arm or crane assembly). Such a system would make for an easy and affordable way for a gun company to give you an extra cylinder.
Doesn't Taurus make a Tracker that fits the bill? I've seen them used for around 3-400, not sure what they go for new...

You should check out the RIA snub revolvers. Very decent looking guns for the price. (I think around $250 retail) Reminds me of the Colt detective in size and shape. I have no experience with them, but would like to try one out.

They work great. I used to have one. I'm not sure if they still do, but mine came with wood and rubber grips.

Back
Top Bottom