• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Budget Muzzleloaders for hunting?

Buck119

Default rank <4500 posts
Beretta Aficionado
220   0
Reaction score
Looking to buy two muzzleloaders for hunting deer during primitive season, for my son and I. Usually we hunt short range, rarely beyond 100 yards,
I do not know anything about muzzleloaders, I don't even know what caliber we should use (we both shoot 243 Win with our Ruger American rifles). What I know is that I don't want to spend too much for something we are going to use once or twice, each season, definitely not more than we spent for the Rugers.

Looking online I saw these CVA Wolf C2 at $250-$260 with the scope mounts. I like that they are stainless steel but I have no idea about general quality. Are they OK or should I look at something else?

Looks good to me. 50 cal would be the way to go. I've always used a #11 percussion cap. Just change it every day you hunt. If hunting in wet weather also put a balloon on the end of the barrel, hook it over the front sight. Better sight picture as well. You do those two things, it will go boom when you need it too.

I'd recommend buying the most cheapest and reliable for the first two seasons to see if like it. If you don't, you're not out of too much money, if you do like it you can sell your starter stuff and upgrade.

I have the cva optima v2 50 cal and I like it. Check out walmart for a deal on the cva wolf 50cal. If you have any other questions just send me a dm.

Back
Top Bottom