• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bug Out Bag

I do need ideas from some of on what types of protein sources and item for nutrition to go in my BOB. What are some of your favorites, ideas and suggestions? I am short on those items now.

I do need ideas from some of on what types of protein sources and item for nutrition to go in my BOB. What are some of your favorites, ideas and suggestions? I am short on those items now.

Packet of precooked bacon, bag of instant potatoes and a small shaker of gravy mixture. Just add hot water to cook up a fast meal.

Fortunately I have a bug out location that is stocked well enough to sustain my family and me for months if needed. So I pack a bug out bag equipped to get me to my safe location. If things were to get so crazy that no one is safe in there home, a bug out location that is not easily found and accessed is good insurance. If you live next to a public road as I do, it would be hard to defend the home against a number of people with rifle rounds penetrating the house. And the day could come soon where criminals decide to take over small towns and rural houses could be targets. We hope not, but just look at things that have happened in the past year that we didn't expect. Don't have to go crazy with it, but it sure doesn't hurt to have a plan just in case.
yup we have to bug out too unfortunately

3.) What is your best kept BOB secret that most people don’t do.

Poncho with 550 cord makes for a low profile, quick up shelter for the rain, paired with a wobble or military wool blanket depending on the season. Move during night, sleep during the day. Rest spots should be the most inaccessible and inhospitable you can find if actual SHTF. Tritium compass makes night movements easier when light discipline is important.

Back
Top Bottom