• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Building a Backyard Firepit

24on48hunting 24on48hunting may have some suggestions. He is doing awesome on our fireplace. Pictures to come soon

Thanks, it has been a pleasure doing the install. Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to do so.

Line the inside with fire brick laid in with Portland or Type S cement. Cut back on the sand a bit when you mix it up so that the cement is quite tacky.
To truly disperse a substantial amount of the heat from the pit, you should have a void space between the fire brick and the outer ring. Otherwise the heat just radiates right through to the outer ring.
Cap it with stone or the matching cap stones if available.
Avoid using river sand for the cement too. It has too many rocks in it.
The bagged sand/play sand is no bueno either.

Thanks, it has been a pleasure doing the install. Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to do so.

Line the inside with fire brick laid in with Portland or Type S cement. Cut back on the sand a bit when you mix it up so that the cement is quite tacky.
To truly disperse a substantial amount of the heat from the pit, you should have a void space between the fire brick and the outer ring. Otherwise the heat just radiates right through to the outer ring.
Cap it with stone or the matching cap stones if available.
Avoid using river sand for the cement too. It has too many rocks in it.
The bagged sand/play sand is no bueno either.

Do you have any pictures?

It was a large outdoor fireplace he did for me.
20180501_170541.jpg
20180501_170548.jpg
20180501_170541.jpg
20180501_170548.jpg

Back
Top Bottom