• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Building a collection from scratch.

blake

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
177   1
Reaction score
I've been weeding down my random guns over the past year and am planning to essentially rebuild my collection this year. If you had to start from scratch, knowing what you do now, what guns would you pick for your collection to try to maximize efficiency/utility/quality?

Here's what I'm thinking so far:

1) Glock 19 (check)
2) Glock 43 (check)
3) Colt 6920/6720 (check)
4) Rem 870 12ga
5) Rem 700 .308
6) Ruger 10/22

IMG_0192.JPG

Add some nice collectables as well..

I would add Mini 14's
M1 Garand's
Scar 17S

Here's a pic of my collection. I'm not a Glock guy... But Sigs, and Kimbers are my weakness...

If I could give you any advise, based on the craziness of this election both pre and post. Start buying a gun a month. It will be worth a minimum of twice your investment, after the next election... I feel my collection has taken a hit, so I have doubled down believe it to be the best investment going forward.. Don't forget about ammo.. It is the lowest I have seen in years and will follow gun prices, as they trend lower.

X2......a nice S&W N-frame. And a nice .22 or .22 mag

That "maximize efficiency" comment made me stop and think. i suppose i've never looked at it that way myself....some of the most enjoyable stuff may not seem very practical to others.

i dont have many, colt trooper 357, nickle smith 38 snub, and 6in ported 44 :cool:

Back
Top Bottom