• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Building a collection from scratch.

I've been weeding down my random guns over the past year and am planning to essentially rebuild my collection this year. If you had to start from scratch, knowing what you do now, what guns would you pick for your collection to try to maximize efficiency/utility/quality?

Here's what I'm thinking so far:

1) Glock 19 (check)
2) Glock 43 (check)
3) Colt 6920/6720 (check)
4) Rem 870 12ga
5) Rem 700 .308
6) Ruger 10/22
I chose different manufacturers, but we're in the same ballpark except for the bolt gun. I like Springfields for handguns. I'd choose a full size Springfield XD for a sidearm and a XDs for a small concealable weapon. 9mm or 45 ACP depends on the carrier. I like the AR platform. I don't have the money for a Colt yet, but like that choice. I have used the Mossberg 500, so have an affinity for it, but lets be honest... The 870 is a better shotgun. I would go with a semi-auto 308, like the M1A, because you can reach out pretty far and it also has CQ capability. My eyes aren't good enough for those 1 Km+ shots, so I would rather send more love to my target. The Ruger 10/22 is probably the best choice for that platform. The after market furniture makes flexibility a big factor in choosing your manufacturer. I think you're on the right track.

Back
Top Bottom