• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Building ar. Pistol or rifle

Ok thanks. Can a lower that is labeled “pistol” but purchased as just a bare lower, be made into a rifle?
it is identical. the same lower can be either. however a lower born as a pistol can beme a rifle, and go back to being a pistol.

the law prohibits rifles from becoming pistols.

I don't own ANY rifle barrels, so all of my AR'S are pistols. If I did I would thoroughly document the lower being born a pistol FIRST.

I was under the impression that if it was registered as a rifle, pistol, or other, it can be rifle. A lower that is registered as a rifle cannot be reconfigured into a pistol. Which makes me sad.
There is no registration in Ga. If it was ever sold as a rifle and listed as a rifle on the 4473 then it is a rifle and can only be a rifle and if ever sold as a pistol it can be either pistol or rifle but, a stripped receiver is just a receiver. It is listed on 4473 as other/receiver. If a dealer had it and knew that it had at one time been built as a rifle then it would have to be transferred as a rifle but I doubt that is something that happens often. The only stripped lowers I sell come directly from the manufacturer. Again 4473 is just a firearms transaction record and not a registration.

Back
Top Bottom