• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bull Barrel .22 ?

Kidd. Shoots the same hole @ 100 meters all day from a Stewart gun vise and hand sorted match ammo
20160203_224700.jpg

If you're not stuck on 10/22. May I suggest an Anschutz bolt gun for wicked accuracy right out of the box or If you have deep pockets find you a Winchester 52.
Winchester 75 or Kimber 82 govt * stamped bolt guns are also hard to beat.

We used to give the Win 52s to the second string shooters on the team(s). High scorers were shooting Anschutz SuperMatch 54's Model 1813s. I used one for 8 years in competition. Fantastic and proven rifle. Winchesters are nice but the prices have far exceeded the capabilities of the rifle comparatively. You really can't go wrong with a Mossberg 44US with Lyman sights in my opinion if you are looking to impress the rest for less than $400.

Thanks for all the info but,..... I cant justify to myself purchasing a 10/22 that will cost me over 1200. If this were 6.5 long range shooter Id consider dropping 2 grand+. The farthest shot Ill have is 300 yards and my practice area is 200 yards so even that isn't needed for me. I don't shoot competition and this will be mostly for paper, squirrels and rabbits. Id like accuracy but not at the cost of my soul. My first thought was to buy a volquartsen till I saw the price tag. Kidd ranks up there also. I guess not setting a price limit was my bad. The least expensive kidd set up is $981. Not to bad but, just seems a bit high for my wants/needs.

We used to give the Win 52s to the second string shooters on the team(s). High scorers were shooting Anschutz SuperMatch 54's Model 1813s. I used one for 8 years in competition. Fantastic and proven rifle. Winchesters are nice but the prices have far exceeded the capabilities of the rifle comparatively. You really can't go wrong with a Mossberg 44US with Lyman sights in my opinion if you are looking to impress the rest for less than $400.
Yeah, win52 prices are nuts but the gain value every year where most others decrease in value.

Wow. Dont see how Mossberg puts $150/$200 sights on that rifle. Ive read good things but never held one.

Back
Top Bottom