• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bull Barrel .22 ?

Kidd or Magnum Research?
If you buy a Tony Kidd 10/22 you will not need to do anything other than buy good ammo and sort with a rim thickness gauge. He is hands down, best out there.
Ive had hit or miss experience with magnum research and always had to tinker with it to satisfy me.

^ This. Get the Kidd barrel and then add the Kidd trigger. You'll have a very accurate and very nice gun - albeit expensive.

Thanks for all the info but,..... I cant justify to myself purchasing a 10/22 that will cost me over 1200. If this were 6.5 long range shooter Id consider dropping 2 grand+. The farthest shot Ill have is 300 yards and my practice area is 200 yards so even that isn't needed for me. I don't shoot competition and this will be mostly for paper, squirrels and rabbits. Id like accuracy but not at the cost of my soul. My first thought was to buy a volquartsen till I saw the price tag. Kidd ranks up there also. I guess not setting a price limit was my bad. The least expensive kidd set up is $981. Not to bad but, just seems a bit high for my wants/needs.
Then opt for the Anschutz bolt guns.
Ive seen Anschutz used below $750 with sights. You have to be fast because those get snatched fast.
Or go to the CMP in Alabama

Yeah, win52 prices are nuts but the gain value every year where most others decrease in value.

Wow. Dont see how Mossberg puts $150/$200 sights on that rifle. Ive read good things but never held one.

That's mostly "collectors" influencing prices on the 52s, not shooters (in my opinion). Shooters buy accurate rifles. Note the prices on M1 Carbines lately. Useless caliber and solution rifle looking for a problem to solve. $1,500 to $1,600 for a damned carbine? Ridiculous.

The Mossy with Lyman sights can be had for about $300 - $375. I have ten and they are all fantastic shooters. I cannot remember the last time I didn't place 1st with my (primary) 44US.

Then opt for the Anschutz bolt guns.
Ive seen Anschutz used below $750 with sights. You have to be fast because those get snatched fast.
Or go to the CMP in Alabama

I bought a 64 prone rifle at the "last hurrah" for 22 target rifles in Oct 2011. I'm glad I drove over there. It's a really nice rifle and my nephew shoots it in three position 50 yard. The trigger is hard to beat.

Back
Top Bottom