• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

bullet hits my tree

So a guy posts a story to remind us all to be safe and to know what's behind our target and two trolls derail the thread. Way to go guys! I guess the only way you can feel like a man is when you tear down another man and his 10 year old kid.

OP--kudos for taking your kid hunting. Not every dad does that. My dad did not hunt (firearms were not allowed in Russia), so I am fighting an uphill battle trying to teach myself hunting.

Ok kilo. I see what your saying on how the stands are setup which I'd love that setup to take my younger cousins. But public land hunting its not possible. there's been times I haven't wore me harness in my younger days growing up. But there's not a single time now I go up a tree without one. Due to a near accident of the foot piece going to the bottom of the tree and me stuck up in a tree.

These pictures are from a surgery 7hrs for a total ankle replacement we did recently on a guy. I got permission from the guy after the surgery to share these whenever possible and he told me the fall story
Basically one morning no harness and foot slipped going up ladderstand and about 15 feet down on the leg. Luckily this is all that happened.
img.photobucket.com_albums_v716_cwhotrod311_20130924_094811.jpg

img.photobucket.com_albums_v716_cwhotrod311_20130924_094845.jpg

Ok kilo. I see what your saying on how the stands are setup which I'd love that setup to take my younger cousins. But public land hunting its not possible. there's been times I haven't wore me harness in my younger days growing up. But there's not a single time now I go up a tree without one. Due to a near accident of the foot piece going to the bottom of the tree and me stuck up in a tree.

I suppose you were in a climber. Always tie the bottom to the top with a rope no longer than your legs will reach. You may know this already and probably do but some around here may not and could find out the hard way.

I call BS on this thread without coriolis effect & spindrift calculations! :spy:

OK, I've been calculatin' and I agree with Dave. The whole story is BS and the OP is part of a coverup. The trajectory is definitely causing the tree to go back and left. Back and left. Back and left.

Back
Top Bottom