• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

bullet hits my tree

Kilo is that chocolate milk or beer those kids will be drinking. Its only a 45min wait period if you drink lite beer instead. Or so the other guys out on the wma told me.

Regardless of how fun this is hopefully the boy will get to see some deer since the season is coming to a end.

we just do a lot of drugs before we go out.makes you more in tune with the woods,plus you can hunt 4 or 5 days without sleep.

At the risk of getting this thread back on track.

Did you ever speak to the other properity owner about it possibly being his son that was shooting ? If so, how did it go ?

At the risk of getting this thread back on track.

Did you ever speak to the other properity owner about it possibly being his son that was shooting ? If so, how did it go ?

Sure did, At first the son said it wasn't him so we talked about poachers being on his land. When the day said he was going to call the local PD and report it, the son admitted it was him shooting. After a nasty look from the dad we had a discussion about knowing your target and beyond. The son apologized and we now know our neighbor a little better.

Most things are solved by talking to someone face to face. Too many parents are the "not my kid" parents now a days. Thankfully this was an old school man that respects someone for trying to solve a problem with a conversation before it goes any further.

I did something just like this when I was a young boy. I shot at a squirrel in a tree with my first compound bow (they were new then), the neighbor (about 80 yards away from where I shot) gave my arrow back to my dad the next day.
I'm sure the sound got to his yard before the arrow did and he wore his seatbelt (it was only a lap belt though) when brought the arrow home.

I got my arrow back, learned a lesson, had a sore butt for a while and all was well in the world. A few weeks later dad did give me some spring loaded arrow tips made just for small game and told me to be more careful.

Back
Top Bottom